Joining is simple
Dues are $40 per calendar year, or $18 per year if you are a student. Income tax receipts are also provided.
To start, please complete and Submit the Membership application form below. Afterwards, check your email for payment instructions after you have submitted your entry. If you didn’t receive the email in your Inbox, you may need to look for it in your “spam” folder.
- Monthly presentations by experts covering a wide range of topics of interest to genealogical researchers
- Other special events such as workshops and field trips.
- Monthly e-mail notices of upcoming programs and other events of interest to genealogists
Newsletter, Shem Tov
- Shem Tov, our Society’s newsletter, emailed quarterly, to keep you abreast of the latest in local and international genealogical developments and research information.
- Regular email notification of upcoming JGS Toronto programmes
- Email notification of local events and other items of interest to genealogists
Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Participate in Special Interest Groups, which provide members with the opportunity to learn from and share information about subjects of mutual interest.
- At present, SIGS cover Poland, Ukraine, Lithuania, and DNA-Genetic Genealogy
JGST Library Collection
- Our Society’s library collection includes important genealogical books, microfiche, magazines, and journals from around the world
- Located in the Humanities and Social Sciences Department of the Toronto Reference Library, 789 Yonge Street (just north of Bloor Street), Toronto.
Members Only Section of the JGST Website
* Access to member-only online resources, including:
- databases, such as the Toronto Jewish Families History Project.
- access to all previous issues of Shem Tov
- recordings of presentations at JGST programmes, and their accompanying handouts/slides
- on-line SIG discussion groups
- minutes of Annual General Meetings
- Opportunity to network with other people interested in Jewish Genealogy while working on projects such as the Memorial Plaques, and Toronto Jewish Families Project